Chilled chicken and sesame egg noodles
( SERVES 4 )
Keep it cool and fresh with this simple dish.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Boneless chicken thighs, (and skinned)|
|1 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|1||Salt, (to season)|
|400 g||Egg noodles|
|½||Telegraph cucumber, (or 2 lebanese)|
|3 tbsp||Sesame seeds, (Lightly toasted)|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, (grated)|
|2 tsp||Garlic, (finely chopped)|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 tsp||Sesame seeds, (toasted and ground in morter and pestle)|
|2 tbsp||Light soy sauce|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Slice the chicken then rub with the oil and salt.
- Put into a baking dish and cook for 15 minutes. Let cool then shred.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions, then drain and let cool.
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients together. Stir well then spoon over the noodles and chicken. Refrigerate until cold.
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise, then slice finely. Slice the spring onions.
- Before serving, sprinkle over the sliced cucumber, spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.