Chicken, herb and vegetable pie
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1||Onion, small, finely diced|
|1||Carrot, finely diced|
|2||Courgettes, finely diced|
|500 g||Chicken thighs, sliced|
|1 tbsp||Fresh oregano|
|1 tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|1 tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2 tbsp||Chicken stock|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
- To make the pastry; sieve the flour and salt together then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg together with the iced water and lemon juice.
- Add to the flour mixture then gently mix until it holds together. Knead until smooth then wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To make the filling; heat a fry pan then melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and courgettes. Cook gently for 5 minutes then add the chicken meat.
- Add the herbs, mustard and flour then cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the stock, cream and seasoning. Simmer until the mixture has thickened then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Roll the pastry and either line individual tins or make one large pie. Fill with the mixture then whisk together the egg and milk to make an eggwash. Brush the edges of the pastry then top and repeat. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL