Fresh plum cake with yoghurt
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|250 g||Butter, (plus 25g extra)|
|¾ cup||Whole milk|
|1||Lemon, (finely grated zest)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
|1 to serve||Yoghurt|
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm springform tin.
- Halve the plums, remove the stones then slice. Toss 500g of the plums in a cup of the sugar then set aside.
- Cream the remaining sugar with the butter until pale. Add the eggs one at a time while beating.
- Gently stir in the milk, lemon zest and vanilla. Sift the flour and baking powder together then fold into the mixture.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 35 minutes. Test with a skewer - if it is clean when removed, the cake is ready.
- Melt the extra measure of butter then when bubbling add the remaining 200g of sliced plums. Cook for three minutes or until soft, then top the cake and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with yoghurt.