Chilled minted pea soup
Cool in taste, temperature and colour this is a great way to start a christmas feast.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Frozen peas|
|1 to taste||White peppercorns|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1 to serve||Ginger|
- Sweat off some shallots in a little butter until soft but not coloured.
- Add peas (frozen are fine) and cover with chicken or vegetable stock. Simmer until tender.
- Blitz in your processor with some fresh mint then strain through a sieve. Blend in some cream, season with ground white pepper and salt.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To add zing to this soup, peel a few knobs of fresh ginger and freeze them.
- Serve to the table with a ginger grater or micro plane so your guests can shave fine shreds of frozen ginger into the soup.