Raspberry and rosewater custard trifle
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1||Vanilla bean, (split length ways)|
|1 packet||Savoiardi biscuits|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- To make the custard; whisk the yolks, sugar and scraped vanilla seeds in a bowl.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil then pour on to the egg mixture. Return to the cleaned saucepan and stir over a gentle heat with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon, remove from the heat and cool. Make sure it does not boil or the custard will split.
- Put the raspberries into a bowl and sprinkle with the rosewater. Let sit for 30 minutes while the custard cools or prepare in advance.
- Assemble by breaking the biscuits then layering in glasses with the raspberries and custard. Finish with raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar.