Scallops with potatoes and lemon oil
|2||Lemons, finely zested|
|1 cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|16||Potatoes, jersey benne or gourmet red|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|4 handfuls||Baby spinach|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
- Add the lemon zest to the olive oil and leave to infuse as long as possible. Two days is ideal but overnight works well.
- Slice the potatoes into thin rounds while heating a fry pan or grill. Add the olive oil and cook the potatoes until they are golden and tender. Set aside.
- Put the currants into a saucepan then pour over the riesling and bring to a simmer. As soon as a simmer is reached, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Heat the pan used for the potatoes, add the second measure of oil then cook the scallops over a high heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Pile the potatoes and scallops on to the serving plates, arrange the spinach leaves and currants then tip over any remaining juices from the scallops and the currants. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and before serving add a final drizzle of lemon oil.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL