Spinach, turmeric and golden raisin dip
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Shallots, large, finely chopped|
|1 to fry||Olive oil|
|250 g||Spinach leaves|
|200 g||Natural yoghurt|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1||Lemon, juice to taste|
- Soak 2 tbsp of golden raisins in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Finely chop 2 large shallots and fry in a little olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Stir in ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and the drained raisins, fry another couple of minutes then set aside to cool.
- Blanch 250g of spinach leaves in salted water for 20 seconds, run under cold water and squeeze tightly to extract as much water as you can.
- Chop the spinach finely and mix in 200g of thick natural yoghurt. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mound the spinach mix onto a platter or in a bowl, top with the turmeric raisins and serve with some pita bread.