Asparagus, lemon and scallop linguine
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Linguine pasta, (lemon if availabe)|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, (small, finely diced)|
|2 tsp||Lemons, (zest of)|
|12||Asparagus, (trimmed and sliced)|
|½ cup||White wine|
|½ cup||Vegetable stock|
|1 tsp||Parsley, (finely chopped)|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Drain thoroughly under cold running water then tip into a large bowl and gently stir through 1 Tbs of olive oil.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbs of olive oil and add the scallops. Cook over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side then let rest.
- In the remaining oil, over a gentle heat fry the onion with the lemon zest, garlic and asparagus. When fragrant and soft add the wine, cream and stock to the pan.
- Let simmer until the sauce begins to thicken then return the scallops to the sauce with the linguine and chopped parsley. Add freshly ground black pepper. And serve with crusty garlic bread.