Ginger soy beef salad with mirin and greens
( SERVES 4 )
A meal for any season and a great flavour to try with beef.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Ginger, (grated)|
|3 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (finely sliced)|
|600 g||Beef scotch fillet|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, (to season)|
|2 tbsp||Avocado chilli oil|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
|100 g||Baby spinach|
|1||Red onion, (small, finely sliced)|
|1||Red capsicum, (finely sliced)|
- Combine the ginger, soy, mirin and garlic in a flat dish. Add the beef and massage in the flavours.
- Grind over black pepper then cover and leave to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Heat a fry pan then add the avocado oil. When hot, add the beef and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- Remove the beef from the pan and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour the juices from the marinated beef into the pan with the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and turn off, let cool.
- Slice the beef and arrange on plates with the spinach leaves, red onion and capsicum. Serve the salad with the pan juices and extra chilli avocado oil.