Elegant eggs (Eggs en Cocotte)
( SERVES 1 )
These eggs are cooked in little ramekins (en bain marie), or as we know it in English, a water bath. The quantities here serve one person, scale up for the number of people you are cooking for.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Parmesan cheese, finely grated|
|1 optional||Smoked salmon, small|
|3 optional||Asparagus, tips only|
- Set your oven to medium.
- Break an egg per person into each ramekin, add a teaspoon of butter and a tablespoon of cream.
- Finely grate some parmesan cheese over the mix. You could also add a piece of smoked salmon or some asparagus tips
- Sit the dishes in a baking tray, carefully pour in boiling water to come ½ way up the height of the ramekin.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 15 -18 minutes depending on how set you want the eggs, remembering they do go on cooking when removed from the oven.
- Serve elegantly, offering some more finely grated parmesan.