Udon noodles, prawns, fried tofu and watercress
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|16||Prawns, (raw, peeled)|
|½ cup||Vegetable stock|
|½ cup||Chicken stock|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|2 tsp||Black vinegar|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
|400 g||Udon noodles|
- Heat the oil in a large frypan. Slice the soft tofu and fry until crispy. Season and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Add the prawns (raw and peeled) to the hot pan and cook gently for 4 minutes then remove and keep warm.
- Add both stocks, juice of two limes, soy, honey, sweet chilli, vinegar and pepper. Simmer while cooking the noodles in boiling salted water.
- Drain the noodles and add to the sauce with the prawns and tofu.
- Pick the leaves from the watercress and chop the stalks. Blanch for 30 seconds, drain and add to the noodles, offering fresh limes to squeeze over.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL