Vermicelli with pork belly, gai larn, cashews and chilli
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 kg||Pork belly, (boned)|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 bunch||Gai lan|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|¼ cup||Rice wine|
|2 tbsp||Roasted cashew nuts|
- Either prepare the pork yourself or buy it from an Asian grocer. To prepare it yourself; score the skin with a very sharp knife.
- Boil a large pot of water then blanch the pork for 4 minutes. Remove and let dry.
- Mix the finely diced garlic and soy together and rub on the underside of the pork. Rub the salt into the skin.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degC. Sit the pork on a rack in a baking dish with the skin side up. Roast for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 200 degC. Cook for a further 30 minutes. Let cool then slice.
- Put the vermicelli and gai larn(sliced) into a large bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Leave for 10 minutes then drain.
- Combine the sesame, stock, sugar and wine (shao hsing). Simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Place the noodles and greens into bowls. Add slices of pork, spoon over the sauce then add enough cashews(roasted chopped), chilli(chopped) and spring onion(sliced) to taste.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL