Hokkien noodles with beef, coconut laksa sauce and coriander
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|1 stem||Lemongrass, peeled and sliced finely|
|1||Onion, peeled and finely diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, peeled and finely diced|
|1 tbsp||Tamarind paste|
|1 tsp||Ground tumeric|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tsp||Palm sugar|
|1||Salt, to taste|
|1 can||Coconut cream, 200 g|
|400 g||Hokkien noodles|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|300 g||Beef scotch fillet, or sirloin|
|2 tbsp||Toasted coconut|
|1||Fresh coriander, and mint to serve|
- To make the sauce; heat a pan then add the oil. Finely chop the chillies with the lemongrass and add.
- Finely dice the onion with the garlic and ginger, add and cook over a gentle heat until soft and golden.
- Add the tamarind, tumeric, fish sauce, palm sugar and salt to taste. Add the coconut cream and let simmer gently.
- Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil. When boiling, add the noodles and cook until tender then drain and mix with the laksa sauce.
- Warm bowls in the oven while heating a frypan. Add the oil then the beef. Cook for 4 minutes per side then let rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Serve the noodles with the sliced beef. Spoon a generous amount of the laksa over and top with toasted coconut and plenty of fresh coriander and mint.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL