Eggplant Stack with Buffalo Mozzarella
( SERVES 4 )
This delicious eggplant stack is layered with tomatoes and topped off with melted buffalo mozzarella cheese.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Snow peas, trimmed|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2||Eggplant, medium to large|
|1 handful||Basil leaves|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|2||Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed|
|1 to serve||Buffalo mozzarella|
|1 to serve||Walnuts|
|½ cup||Olive oil|
- Whisk together Omega Plus Oil, aged balsamic, garlic, sea salt and fresh pepper to make a dressing and keep to the side.
- Slice eggplant into rounds and place them for 15-20mins to dry out any excess moisture.
- Put snow peas in a flat dish, drizzle with avocado oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Toss gently then place into the preheated oven to lightly caramelise.
- In a separate baking dish, lightly toast walnuts in the oven at the same time as the peas but be very careful as they won't take long to burn.
- Brush slices of eggplant with oil and cook over a medium-high heat on a hot plate until very tender and a deep golden brown. Transfer to a plate and season.
- Cut tomato into thick slices, pat dry with kitchen paper and cook on an oiled hot plate until lightly coloured; don't over-cook.
- On individual plates, arrange cooked eggplant and tomatoes in stacks with slices of mozzarella, putting snow peas and some of the basil leaves in between. Top with a couple of snow peas and walnuts.
- Whisk the dressing and spoon over and serve.