Croque - madame
|8 slices||Crusty bread, preferably sourdough|
|4 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1||Ham sliced, off the bone|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper|
- Place 4 slices of bread on a board. Spread lightly with Dijon mustard.
- Grate the cheese and mix with just enough cream to make a paste. Spread on the bread.
- Top with slices of ham and add pepper.
- Heat a frypan and add 1 Tbs butter. Using a cutter, cut out rounds from each remaining slice. Sandwich together and brush with softened butter.
- Place into the frypan and cook until golden underneath. Crack an egg into each of the cut out holes and place the sandwiches under a preheated grill, cooking until golden and the egg is set.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL