Lamingtons with blackberry jam and cream
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|50 g||Butter, melted|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|1 to dust||Coconut|
|1 to serve||Cream|
- To make the jam, place all the ingredients into a heavy-based saucepan and bring to a simmer, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Skim the froth as the jam comes to a boil. Boil rapidly for 8 minutes then pour into sterilised jars.
- To make the lamingtons, preheat the oven to 180 degC. Beat the eggs with salt and sugar until thick and creamy.
- Fold the flour into the wet mixture with the vanilla and melted butter. Pour into a lined baking dish and cook for 25 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Leave in the tin to cool before turning out. Cut into squares.
- Cut the sponge into squares. Dissolve the cocoa, vanilla and sugar into the boiling water and melted butter. Whisk in the icing sugar then dip in the sponge before rolling in coconut.
- Serve the lamingtons, sliced and filled with jam and whipped cream.