Banana fritters with black sesame, cumin and lime mascarpone
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|1 tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds, (toasted)|
|2 tsp||Black sesame seeds|
|1||Ginger beer, (to mix)|
|1 to fry||Canola oil|
|1 tbsp||Greek yoghurt|
|½ tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||Limes, (freshly juiced)|
- Slice the bananas into rounds.
- Pour the flour into bowl, add the salt, sugar, cumin and sesame seeds.
- Whisk in the egg yolk with enough ginger beer to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a fry pan and cover with a film of canola oil 2cm deep. Dip the slices of banana into the batter and shallow fry, turning over once golden.
- Repeat in batches, placing on paper towels in between.
- Mix together the mascarpone with the yoghurt, vanilla and lime. Serve with the hot bananas.