Feijoa tarte fine
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 block||Sweet short pastry|
|¼ cup||Icing sugar, sifted|
|125 g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|125 g||Caster sugar|
|125 g||Ground almonds|
|4||Feijoas, peeled and cooked whole in lemon sugar syrup|
- Line the bench with cling-film and dust with flour.
- Roll the pastry out to 4mm thick, dust icing sugar over and fold in from each end to meet in the middle and fold again. Roll to 2mm thick, use a saucer to cut out discs, prick and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, bake at 170C until light and golden.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the unsalted butter and sugar until light and pale.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sieve in the flour and almonds together, folding into the butter mixture.
- Spread the paste over the discs of pastry; place the tarts back into the oven for seven minutes or until golden.
- Take from the oven, top with sliced feijoas, dust with icing sugar and place back into the oven at 185C for a further four to five minutes.
- Take out, place on to a plate, top with buffalo yoghurt and a drizzle of liquid honey.