Mince and cheese pie
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Baby onion, (finely chopped)|
|1||Baby carrot, (finely chopped)|
|2 cups||Garlic, (finely chopped)|
|2 tsp||Rosemary, (finely chopped)|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|¼ tsp||Brown sugar|
|¼ tsp||Tabasco sauce|
|2 tbsp||Tomato puree|
|½ cup||Beef stock|
|1||Salt and pepper, (to season)|
|4 slices||Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Grease 4 pie tins.
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Cook the onion and carrot with the garlic and rosemary until golden.
- Add the mince and brown with the paprika, sugar, tabasco and flour. Cook for 5 minutes then add the tomato puree, stock and seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 minutes then take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Line the pie tins with the shortcrust pastry. Spoon in the mince filling and top with slices of cheese.
- Wet the edge of each pie then top with the flaky pastry and press to seal. Trim the edges of the pastry.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and brush over, then bake for 25 minutes or until golden, checking that the pastry is cooked on the bottom.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL