Krafne - Mama's dalmatian doughnuts
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|¼ tsp||Aniseed oil|
- In a mixing bowl, sieve the flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. Stir in the castor sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
- Carefully combine the mixtures without over-mixing, as this will make the batter tight.
- Fold in the drained currants.
- Heat a wok of oil to 180 degC, regulate the heat at this temperature and place teaspoon amounts of batter to form small round doughnuts.
- Drain on paper towel then roll through vanilla sugar with a little citric acid added.
- Using a piping bag or syringe, fill the doughnuts with custard or a curd.