Watercress and broccoli with feta and roast garlic
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 Ltr||Vegetable stock, or chicken|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|100 g||Feta cheese|
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the diced onion, carrot, potato and bay leaves. Stir for 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Add the broccoli(chopped) and the stock (chicken or vegetable) then simmer just until the broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degC, slice the garlic in half, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast until the cloves are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add the watercress, turn off the heat and cover. Leave for 3 minutes to wilt the watercress then season and purée.
- Ladle into warm bowls and top with the roasted garlic gloves and crumbled feta. Serve with crusty warmed bread and butter.