Chocolate biscuit slice
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Vanilla wine biscuit|
|80 g||Walnuts, chopped|
|80 g||Dried apricots, roughly chopped|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|⅓ cup||Cocoa powder, Dutch|
- Grease a 20 cm slice tin. Break the biscuits into small pieces or roughly crush with a rolling pin. Put into a mixing bowl with the walnuts and apricots.
- Melt the butter with the sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Mix in the cocoa and stir until smooth. Let cool.
- Lightly beat the eggs and stir into the mixture, combining thoroughly. Press into the prepared tin and chill.
- To make the icing: put the chocolate, rum and butter into a bowl over simmering water and stir until melted.
- Pour over the slice and return to the fridge to set before slicing into squares.