Anchovy and garlic lamb with feijoas and pumpkin
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Pumpkin, peeled and sliced|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2||Bay leaves, fresh|
|4||Garlic cloves, sliced into 16|
|4||Anchovy fillets, sliced into 16|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Drizzle the pumpkin with olive oil and season. Arrange in a baking dish and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peel the feijoas and halve. Add to the pumpkin with the bay leaves and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes or until both the pumpkin and the feijoas are soft and caramelised.
- Turn the oven up to 220 degC. Make 4 small but deep incisions into each cutlet with the point of a sharp knife.
- Insert a piece of garlic with a piece of anchovy into each incision. Season each cutlet well. Brush with olive oil and bake in the oven or grill on the barbecue for 3 minutes on each side - depending on the size of the cutlets.
- Serve the lamb with the feijoas and the pumpkin.