Empress braised chicken wings
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|750 g||Chicken wings, meat pulled back on itself|
|3 tbsp||Dark soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Chinese wine|
|1 tbsp||Fresh ginger, peeled and grated|
|1 clove||Garlic, peeled and minced|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|½ cup||Pineapple juice|
|2||Spring onions, sliced on the bias|
|5 slices||Fresh ginger, peeled and julienned|
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, wine, ginger and garlic.
- Fold through the chicken wings and marinate for one hour in the refrigerator, covered.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade liquid.
- Lightly coat the chicken in the cornflour.
- Heat a wok, add the oil then the chicken wings and brown slowly all over.
- Add the water, pineapple juice, leftover marinade, spring onions and ginger.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.