Plum and orange blossom icecream sundae
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tbsp||Orange blossom water|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 tbsp||Brown sugar|
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light and very pale.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan with the orange blossom and vanilla then heat until the mixture just begins to boil. Whisk into the egg mixture.
- Pour into a clean saucepan and stir gently with a wooden spoon making sure the mixture doesn't boil, until it covers the back of the spoon.
- Strain and leave to cool. Stir through the cream then pour into an icecream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat the grill. Halve the plums and lay in an oven dish. Dot each with a little butter and sprinkle with the sugar. Grill until soft and bubbling. Spoon the icecream into sundae glasses and top with the plums.