Honey peaches with almond brittle and mascarpone
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||White wine|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Roasted almonds|
|1 to serve||Mascarpone|
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Halve the peaches but don't remove the stones.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and dot with the butter. Warm the honey and drizzle over.
- Pour over the wine and water then grill for about 30 minutes, depending on the size - or until soft and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, put the sugar and water into a saucepan and boil until the mixture begins to turn a caramel colour. Add the almonds and remove from the heat.
- Immediately pour onto a greased tray and leave to harden. Remove and roughly chop.
- Serve the peaches with the almond brittle and spoonfuls of mascarpone.