Hazelnut macaroons, spiced cherries, vanilla cream
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|⅓ cup||Plain flour|
|1¼ cups||Ground hazelnuts|
|1½ cups||Desiccated coconut|
|⅔ cup||Condensed milk|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease an oven tray.
- Mix the flour, hazelnuts, coconut and salt together in a bowl. Mix the condensed milk and vanilla extract together then add, stirring well.
- Form into desired shapes using wet hands then place on tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Put the sugar, water, half the vanilla bean split lengthwise, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, juniper and peppercorns all together in a saucepan.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until syrupy. Turn off the heat and add the cherries. Let them sit in the syrup until ready to use.
- Scrape the seeds from the remaining piece of the vanilla bean into the cream then whip together.
- Top the cold macaroons with a little cream and then a cherry. Dust with icing sugar. The syrup can be poured into a jar and kept in the fridge for a future use.