Buttermilk pancakes, grilled pineapple and watermelon
( SERVES 4 )
The ultimate tropical brunch.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|50 g||Butter, (melted)|
|300 g||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1||Oil spray, (or a little extra butter for cooking)|
|1 cup||Watermelon, (diced)|
|1||Mascarpone, (and mint optional to serve)|
- Beat the egg yolks then whisk in the buttermilk and melted butter.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into the wet ingredients and fold in.
- Whisk the egg whites until peaks form, then fold into the mixture.
- Heat a fry pan and lightly grease. Also heat a second pan for the pineapple or use a grill.
- When hot, add the pineapple and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook the pancakes in batches, flipping over when bubbles appear on the surface.
- Serve the pancakes hot with the pineapple, diced watermelon, mascarpone and mint.