(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Chicken breasts, cut in pieces|
|2||Potatoes, peeled and diced|
|½ cup||Field mushrooms, halved|
|1||Green capsicum, seeded and diced|
|½||Onion, peeled and finely diced|
|¼ cup||Cheese, grated|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|¼ cup||Evaporated milk|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
- In a bowl, marinate chicken in lemon juice and soy sauce for an hour. Melt the margarine in a skillet and brown the chicken, then set aside.
- Saute the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms, then add chicken broth.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then add potatoes, carrots, peas, cheese and evaporated milk. Continue cooking for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
For the pie crust
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, cold water and oil.
- Mix into a ball and divide into 60g portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry portion into a rectangle, top with the filling, place another pastry rectangle on top and press the edges together to seal. Preheat oven to 200C. Punch small holes in the pastry to let out steam during baking, then brush with beaten egg. Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 minutes.