African spiced lamb with garlic-yoghurt dressing
( SERVES 2 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tsp||Coriander seeds|
|3 ml||Cardamom pods, seeds removed|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|4 tsp||Honey, at room temperature|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|200 g||Lamb fillet, trimmed of silverskin|
|1||Lemon, 1/4 juiced|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tbsp||Mint leaves, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- In a mixing bowl filled with cold water, soak the whole seeds for 10 minutes.
- Strain, tip into a saute pan and stir over a high heat until fragrant.
- Place in a coffee/spice grinder along with the lemon pepper and smoked paprika and blitz until smooth. Tip into a mixing bowl with the honey and olive oil and mix well.
- Coat the lamb with the spice mixture and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl or small food processor, blitz the yoghurt, lemon, water, garlic, mint and seasoning.
- In a hot saute pan, add a little high-heat oil and sear the lamb fillets all over for two minutes, then rest for four minutes on a wire rack. Slice and serve with couscous, tomatoes, asparagus and mesclun.
- Place a dollop of the yoghurt sauce on top.