Beetroot, grilled lamb & haloumi salad
|1½ kg||Beetroots, peeled and diced|
|2 tsp||Dried mint|
|350 g||Lamb rumps|
|250 g||Haloumi cheese|
|1||Red onion, sliced into rings|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|60 ml||Raspberry vinegar|
|30 ml||Sherry vinegar|
|40 ml||Olive oil|
- Put the beetroot in a roasting dish and add a little oil. Using your hands, toss the beetroot in the oil to ensure it is well coated and place in the oven
- Preheated to 180 degC. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just cooked.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, rub a little oil and the dried mint into the lamb and cook on a preheated grill plate for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. It should still be pink in the centre. Allow to cool.
- Sear the haloumi slices on both sides in a preheated grill pan. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until combined.
- To serve, put all the ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing. Toss gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL