Chickpeas with pumpkin and lemongrass
|200 g||Chickpeas, (dried)|
|3 cm||Ginger, (peeled and finely diced)|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (finely diced)|
|1 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1||Red chilli, (finely diced)|
|500 g||Pumpkin, (diced)|
|200 ml||Vegetable stock|
|400 ml||Coconut milk, (reserve 2 Tbs)|
|1||Roasted cashew nuts, (to garnish)|
|1||Coriander, (to garnish)|
|1 to serve||Rice|
- The night before, put the chickpeas into a bowl and cover with water.
- Either set the slow cooker to low or the oven to 150 degC. Drain the chickpeas and put into the dish with the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Remove the tough outer leaves from the lemongrass then using the flat side of a chef's knife, push down firmly to bruise.
- Add to the dish with the remaining ingredients, cover and cook for 4 hours in the slow cooker or 2 1/2 in the oven.
- Serve drizzled with coconut milk, coriander leaves and chopped cashew nuts, with rice on the side.