Moroccan roast leg of lamb
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Leg of lamb|
|10 fillets||Anchovies, cut into thin strips (reserve anchovy oil)|
|1||Lemon, peeled and cut into thin strips|
|¼ cup||Liquid honey, warmed in the microwave|
|2 tbsp||Sumac powder|
|1 tbsp||Moroccan seasoning|
|1 to taste||Sea salt flakes|
- Preheat oven or hooded barbecue to 195C.
- Line a roasting dish with foil and spray heavily with oil.
- Lightly cut the lamb skin in a criss-cross pattern, turn over and make approximately 10 incisions in and around the bone area.
- Insert two anchovies, two lemon strips and one mint leaf in each incision.
- Turn the lamb back over, rub in the anchovy oil and pour over the honey.
- Season with the sumac, Moroccan spice and sea salt.
- Place in the oven or barbecue and roast for 15 minutes, then drop the heat to 155C and continue for approximately one hour.
- Remove the lamb on to a cooling rack and rest for 20 minutes.