Polenta chips and green olive mayo
( SERVES 2 )
Polenta chips are a great alternative to potato and work well with this easy to prepare mayo.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, (grated)|
|2 tsp||Fresh rosemary|
|1 to fry||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Mayonnaise, (good quality)|
|1 tbsp||Green olives pitted, (finely chopped)|
|1||Lemon, (1 tsp lemon zest(finely grated), and 2 tsp lemon juice)|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
- Bring the water to a boil then pour in the polenta in a steady stream while whisking.
- Whisk consistently for two minutes until the polenta is thick and lump-free.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the salt, parmesan, butter and rosemary(finely chopped).
- Pour on to a flat tray, make the sides even, and refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- Pour in enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the frypan.
- Slice the polenta into chips and fry in batches for a couple of minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels before serving with the mayo.
- Mix the mayonnaise, olives, lemon zest and juice together. Season with freshly ground black pepper.