Roasted pumpkin risotto
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ Ltr||Vegetable stock, (or chicken stock)|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, (finely diced)|
|4 cloves||Garlic, (crushed)|
|2 tsp||Fresh rosemary, (plus extra)|
|1½ cups||Risotto rice|
|500 g||Pumpkin, (diced)|
|1 cup||White wine|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|30 g||Parmesan cheese|
- Put the stock into a saucepan and keep at a gentle simmer. Heat a large pan.
- Add the butter and oil then the onion and garlic. Stir for 5 minutes or until softened, but not coloured.
- Add 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, stir then add the rice. Stir to coat with the butter and oil then continue to toast the rice for a few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and stir, then after 5 minutes add the wine.
- Add the stock a ladle at a time, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan as you go. When each ladle has almost evaporated, add the next.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes, the risotto will be cooked when the grains are soft but al dente.
- Season and add the grated parmesan before serving with a spoonful of mascarpone and a little extra rosemary.