PRAWNS WITH COCONUT NOODLES
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|24||Raw prawn cutlets|
|4 tsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tsp||Yellow mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||Black mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||Lemongrass, finely sliced|
|1 tsp||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Thai green curry paste|
|2 optional||Kaffir lime leaves|
|2 optional||Red chillies, fresh|
|250 g||Udon noodles, fresh if available|
|¼||Red cabbage, cut into chunky squares|
|2||Courgettes, cut into rounds|
|2 cups||Coconut cream|
|1 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 cups||Fish stock, 1-2 cups to reach desired consistency|
|1 bunch||Fresh coriander, roughly chopped|
|1 to taste||Flaky sea salt|
- Fill a suitable sized pot with water, bring to the boil, turn down heat and leave to simmer gently.
- Place a large wok on medium heat, heat olive oil, add cumin and mustard seeds, lemongrass, onion, ginger, garlic and curry paste. Add lime leaves and chilli if desired.
- Cook for 5 minutes, tossing ingredients continually. Add red cabbage, courgette, coconut cream and sugar, 1 cup of chicken stock and coriander. Add the prawns (or tofu). Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drop noodles into the boiling water, boil for 2 minutes. Drain noodles and add to ingredients already simmering in the wok. Season with flaky sea salt.
- If sauce is too thick, add a little more stock. Noodles should be completely immersed in sauce. If using the curry and lime leaves, remove from the dish before serving. Serve from a large noodle bowl.
TIP: Vegetarian option - replace prawns with 1 blocks firm tofu, cubed.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL