Leg of lamb stuffed with garlic, rosemary, fennel seeds and smoked paprika
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Leg of lamb, tunnel boned|
|1 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|6||Garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tbsp||Fennel seeds|
|2 tbsp||Fresh rosemary, leaves|
|1 tbsp||Smoked paprika, use pimenton dulce|
- Heat up the oil in a pan and saute the onion and garlic with 2 teaspoons flaky salt (use less if fine salt) until wilted and beginning to caramelise, stirring frequently.
- Add the fennel seeds and rosemary and cook for 2 minutes over moderate heat, stirring frequently. Add the pimenton and cook another minute. Leave to cool, then stuff inside the cavity of the lamb.
- Place in an oven bag, or wrap in baking parchment then foil. Leave to marinate at room temperature for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
- Cook in the lower parts of the hangi for 2 1/2 hours, or on a baking tray in the oven at 190 degC for 2 hours.
- Take from the oven and leave to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL