(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 fillet||Boneless salmon fillet, pin-boned|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1||Orange, zested and juiced|
|½||Grapefruit, zested and juiced|
|½ cup||Sea salt, ground|
|1 tbsp||Peppercorns, crushed|
|½ cup||Fresh dill, roughly chopped|
|3 cm||Fresh ginger, peeled and grated|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
- In a food processor or pestle and mortar, combine all ingredients and grind to a paste.
- Cut the salmon to the width of a snaplock bag. Place some of the mixture into the bag, then add the salmon and cover with more mixture.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the salmon and scrape away the mixture, keeping it for the next batch.
- Slice the salmon thinly and serve with cinnamon-roasted mushrooms, goats' feta and shaved brazil nuts.