Saffron and mandarin savarin
( SERVES 7 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|215 g||Flour, sieved|
|4 g||Active dried yeast, dissolved in warmed milk|
|75 g||Butter, melted|
|25 g||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Mandarin juice|
|1 tsp||Vanilla paste|
|1 pinch||Saffron threads, soaked in 1/4 cup of water overnight|
- Soak large pinch of saffron threads overnight.
- In a warm mixing bowl, place flour and salt and make a well in middle. Pour the yeast milk into the well, sprinkle over a thin layer of flour, cover with cling film, place in a warm place to ferment until yeast breaks through flour.
- Whisk the 25g of sugar and eggs into butter and, in a saucepan, place the second amount of sugar then mandarin juice, vanilla and saffron liquid. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into deep roasting tray.
- Add butter mixture into yeast well, work in flour to form a dough, knead until elastic. Cover with cling film, place in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Grease savarin moulds with soft butter and flour. Roll a tube of dough into the moulds, cover with a tea towel and prove until doubled. Bake at 180 degC for 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool in moulds, then turn out and submerge in saffron sugar syrup, turning over to soak evenly. Serve with honey icecream.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL