Beef ragout, oregano and mushrooms
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 kg||Beef rump steak, (or chuck or blade), cut into cubes|
|3 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1||Carrot, finely diced|
|2 stalks||Celery, finely diced|
|2 tbsp||Fresh oregano|
|16||Onions, small or pickling|
|2 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 cup||Beef stock|
|2 cups||Red wine, full-bodied|
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Heat the olive oil in a cast iron casserole dish.
- Dry the meat with paper towels then brown in batches, on all sides. Remove.
- Add the garlic, carrot, celery, oregano and onions, cook until golden then add the flour.
- Stir for a few minutes to cook the flour. Return the beef to the casserole.
- Add the paprika, tomato paste, bay, stock and wine.
- Add the mushrooms and prunes then cover and let slowly cook for 2-3 hours.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL