Chicken, baby vegetables, wine and cream
|1||Chicken, (free range)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1||Fresh thyme, to stuff|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||White wine|
|½ cup||Chicken stock|
|1 cup||Baby carrot|
|1 cup||Baby turnip|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Dry the chicken with paper towels then season and stuff the cavity with thyme.
- Using a cast iron casserole dish, heat the olive oil and butter on the top of the stove.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides which will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the wine, stock and cream over the chicken then cover with a lid and cook for 50 minutes, basting twice.
- Add the baby vegetables to the casserole then recover and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving platter to rest.
- Reduce the juices over a high heat and taste for seasoning before spooning over the chicken and vegetables.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL