Raspberry chocolate cream sponge
( SERVES 1 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|120 g||Caster sugar|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|25 g||Butter, (melted)|
|150 g||Bitter chocolate|
|½ cup||Cream, (plus an extra 3/4 cup for whipping)|
|1 to decorate||Raspberries|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour 2 x 20 cm sandwich tins. Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla until pale and very thick.
- Sift the salt, flour and baking powder together then fold into the egg mixture gently without beating.
- Fold through the melted butter and pour into the prepared sandwich tins.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until the tops bounce back when lightly pressed with a fingertip, turn out on to a rack and let cool.
- Melt the chocolate and cream together in a small bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth then spread over one sponge.
- Whip the remaining cream and spoon over chocolate. Top with second sponge, arrange raspberries and dust with icing sugar.