Fire cracker salmon
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 side||Salmon, scaled and boned|
|½ cup||Oil, corn oil is recommended|
|4 tbsp||Agave syrup|
|4 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|4||Spring onions, sliced on a bias|
|3 tsp||Light muscovado sugar|
|2 tsp||Garlic, crushed|
|1½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|2 tsp||Chilli flakes|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|½ tbsp||Sea salt flakes|
- In a Pyrex dish, cut the tail-end pieces and lay fillet and tail pieces down.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, pour over the salmon, cover and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- Oil a heated barbecue grill plate, drain the fillets from the marinade and lie flesh-side down. Cook the fillets until medium, then allow to rest on the side in the warmth of the barbecue.
- Meanwhile, cook the tail fillets for three minutes.
- With a fork, pull the fish from the skin and coat with some of the marinade into a salad or with instant couscous cooked in spinach stock.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL