Pork, prune and blue cheese skewers on potato apple rosti
( SERVES 4 )
370g lean pork steaks 20 pitted prunes 100g mild creamy blue cheese Red pepper relish Cut pork into thin 10cm-long strips. Make a slit in the side of the prunes and fill with blue cheese. Thread one prune
Pork, prune and blue cheese skewers
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|370 g||Pork steaks/fillets, lean|
|100 g||Blue cheese, mild creamy|
|1||Relish, red pepper|
Potato apple rosti
To prepare Pork, prune and blue cheese skewer:
- Cut pork into thin 10cm-long strips. Make a slit in the side of the prunes and fill with blue cheese. Thread one prune on to a skewer and then concertina two pork strips and finish with a second prune.
- Repeat this procedure with remaining skewers. Grill, turning often, until pork is cooked through. Serve skewers on a potato apple rosti with red pepper relish.
To prepare Potato Apple Rost:
- Peel onion and chop finely. Cut potato into small cubes. Peel apple and cut in half. Remove core and cut into small cubes.
- Mix onion, potato and apple together with flour and salt. oelt butter and gently stir in. Heat a frying pan.
- Add oil and cook half cupfuls of rosti mixture, turning once to brown both sides.