Chicken, bacon and apricot pies
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|32 g||Onion soup mix, packet|
|1 tsp||Mustard, prepared|
|½ tsp||Iodised salt|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|1.1 kg||Smoked chicken breast|
|3||Bacon rashers, cooked|
|3 sheets||Flaky puff pastry|
- Mix milk, onion soup mix and mustard together in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and stir for one minute.
- Mix cornflour and water together and stir into milk mixture. Stir constantly until sauce boils and thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cut chicken away from bones and chop flesh roughly. Cut apricots in half, remove stones and chop roughly. Remove rind from bacon and chop bacon roughly. Mix chicken, apricots and bacon into sauce mixture. Refrigerate.
- Place baking paper squares to cover the base and sides of six large muffin pans. Cut six, 12cm squares from pastry sheets. Line the sides and base of the muffin pans with pastry. Fill with chicken mixture.
- Place six, 8cm squares of pastry over the chicken mixture and press pastry edges together. Mix egg and water together. Brush over pie tops. Make a slash in the top of each pie.
- Bake at 200C for 25 to 30 minutes.