Tarragon & Chicken Risotto
( SERVES 4 )
Refrigerate for 24 hours, ready in 40 mins, serves 4600g chicken tenderloins, cut into 4 cm pieces1 tbsp sesame oil2 tbsp white wine1 tbsp Italian herbs5 cups chicken stock3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Chicken tenderloins, cut into 4cm pieces|
|1 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|2 tbsp||White wine|
|1 tbsp||Italian herbs|
|5 cups||Chicken stock|
|3 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|4 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|750 g||Arborio rice|
|½ cup||Tarragon leaves, chopped|
|1 cup||Celery, finely sliced|
|½ cup||Spring onion, finely chopped|
|½ cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|250 g||Parmesan cheese|
|2 to taste||Cracked pepper|
|250 g||Creme fraiche|
- Mix the chicken tenderloins, oil, white wine and herbs thoroughly, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Put the stock into a saucepan and keep at a gentle simmer. Heat a large saucepan. Add sesame oil, diced onion and chopped garlic.
- Cook on a low heat until translucent in colour. Add rice, stir to coat rice with oil, toast for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle warm stock into mixture, stirring as you go. When each ladlefull is almost evaporated, add the next. Continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the grains are al dente, add chopped tarragon, finely sliced celery, chopped spring onion and chopped parsley, mix well, cover and remove
- In a saucepan heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, then add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add crème fraiche and stir well.
- Combine cooked chicken with risotto mixture. Divide into 4 portions, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and season to taste.
- Serve with a rocket or spinach salad.