Chocolate wafer marshmallow ice-cream slices
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|¼ cup||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 Ltr||Ice cream, boysenberry or raspberry|
|500 g||Frozen raspberries|
- Place flour, cocoa and icing sugar into the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine.
- Chop butter up roughly. Add to processor.
- Process until mixture reaches a crumby consistency.
- Add egg, vanilla and water and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough out on to a piece of plastic wrap and knead into a flat disk.
- Fold wrap around dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using scissors, cut marshmallows into quarters.
- Soften ice-cream and combine ice-cream and marshmallows. Refreeze.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll dough out between two pieces of plastic wrap to a 0.5cm thickness.
- Cut a 6cm-long egg shape from a piece of baking paper or cardboard.
- Use paper template to cut 16 egg shapes from dough. Re-roll dough scraps as necessary.
- Place egg-shaped discs on a baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degC for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Stand for five minutes and then remove to a cooling rack. Leave until cold.
- To serve, place one chocolate egg-shaped disc on a serving plate.
- Top with one or two scoops of marshmallow ice-cream. Finish with a second chocolate disc.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve with thawed raspberries.