Plum and apple pie
( SERVES 6 )
850g can Black Doris plums 567g can apple slices 3 sheets sweet short-crust pastry 1 tablespoon sugar cubes 1 tablespoon milk Drain plums and reserve juice for Plum Ripple Ice-Cream. Remove stones and
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|850 g||Black doris plums|
|567 g||Canned apple slices|
|3 sheets||Butter crust sweet short pastry|
|1 tbsp||Sugar cubes|
Plum Ripple Ice-Cream
|1½ cups||Plum juice, reserved Plum and Apple Pie|
|2 tbsp||Custard powder|
|½ cup||Plum jam|
|2 Ltr||Vanilla ice cream|
- Drain plums and reserve juice for Plum Ripple Ice-Cream. Remove stones and chop flesh roughly.
- Mix with apple. Line a deep 23cm pie dish with two pastry sheets, cutting to fit. Place plum mixture over pastry base.
- Cover with remaining pastry sheet, pressing edges together to seal.
- Crush sugar cubes roughly with a rolling pin. Brush top of pie with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Make several slashes in pastry top. Bake at 180 degC for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with Plum Ripple Ice-Cream.
- Plum Ripple Ice: Place plum juice, custard powder and jam in a small saucepan.
- Heat together, stirring constantly until thick. Cool. Soften ice-cream.
- Swirl through plum mixture. Refreeze ice-cream for one hour.