Italian chicken stack
( SERVES 1 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese|
|1 cup||Tomato pasta sauce|
|¼ cup||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
- Place chicken schnitzel on a board. Cut into three even pieces.
- Beat egg. Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat a frying pan and add oil. Cook chicken pieces on both sides to brown. Place one chicken piece in an ovenproof dish. Pour over two tablespoons of pasta sauce. Place second chicken piece on top. Add another two tablespoons of pasta sauce. Place remaining chicken piece on top and cover with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 220 deg C for 15 minutes. Serve hot with a salad.