Sesame-crackling pork with plum marmalade
|1½ kg||Pork shoulders|
|1 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 tsp||Garlic salt|
|2 tsp||Sesame seeds|
|2 tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|¼ cup||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Baby onion|
To prepare Sesame-crackling pork:
- Remove skin from pork (boned rolled shoulder of pork). Using a sharp knife, score the skin in a criss-cross pattern.
- Rub in sesame oil and garlic salt. Cover pork with rind and tie to secure. Place on a rack in a roasting dish.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for two hours. Remove roast from oven and stand pork for 10 minutes.
- Remove skin from roast, place under the grill and cook until crisp. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and cook a further minute or until seeds have browned.
- Slice meat and serve with crackling and plum marmalade.
To prepare Plum marmalade:
- Peel onions and slice finely. Heat butter in a saucepan. Add onion slices and mustard, then cook for two minutes.
- Add sugar, vinegar and salt. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain plums, reserving juice. Remove stones and discard. Add plums to onions with half a cup of reserved juice.
- Combine and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL